The Final Grade Override feature allows instructors the flexibility to adjust final grades to match grades submitted to Axess. The grade override feature is best used at the end of the term as it can cause extra work for instructors if used throughout the quarter.
- Override grades are manual entries - automatic calculation is not possible.
- CSV imports do not support override scores.
- At least one assignment grade must be entered before entering an override grade.
- Letter grades can only be entered for courses using a course grading scheme.
- The lowest percentage of a grade range is used when entering non-numeric values. For example, if the A- range is 90-93%, entering an A- will pull 90%.
- Students see numeric and letter grades if the total course grade is visible to students and a course grading scheme is enabled.
Enable Final Grade Override feature
- Go to the course Gradebook.
- Click the settings gear in the upper right corner.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Click the checkbox for “Allow final grade override.” Note: Once you start to override grades, students only see the Override grade. New assignment grades do not inform the override grade.
- Click Update.
- Refresh the page to see the Override column appear as the last column.
For more information, see Final Grade Override guide.