Whether you are using the Google Doc Collaboration or Google Apps, there are some items to check if you or a subset of your students cannot access a collaboration.
- Users must be logged in with their Stanford Google account, not a personal Google account in the browser. The Canvas integration uses the email address associated with Canvas.
- Check to see if the user has been added to the collaboration. By default, instructors and TAs have access to all collaborations without needing to be added. If Student A say s/he can't see Student B's collaboration, you can click the Edit pencil icon for the collaboration to see if all students who should have access is listed in the right panel.
- If only the author of the collaboration can open the collaboration and you (as the instructor or TA cannot), the issue is likely an access issue. The author will need to check that the collaboration doesn't have restricted access.
- Have the creator of the collaboration (whether instructor or student) open the collaboration
- Click the Share button
- Select Advanced
- Ensure the collaboration isn't set to "Private - Only you can access".