To copy content from a past course to a new course:
- It is best to complete copying content to your new course while the new course is still unpublished. That will also give you the chance to unpublish or update content as needed before students have access to the course.
- From your new Canvas course, click Settings at the bottom of the course navigation menu.
- Click the Import Course Content button.
- Select Copy a Canvas Course, then pick your past course from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the 'Select specific content' option, then click Import.
- Click the Select Content button, then select the types of content or content items you want to import to your new course.
- See this Import Content guide for full instructions.