If you do not see courses on your Canvas Dashboard for the current term, it could be one of the reasons below.
- You recently added the course on Axess. If you just enrolled in the course, you will be automatically added to the Canvas course within 2 hours. You may not see the course on your dashboard unless the instructor has already published the course.
- The instructor has not published the course yet. To check, go to Courses > All Courses. If you see the course title, check the Published column to see whether the course is unpublished. If so, you will not have access until the instructor publishes the course.
- Your dashboard has been customized and the course you are looking for is not favorited/starred. To favorite a course, follow the steps from the help guide, How do I customize my course list?
- The instructor is using a system other than Canvas for online resources. Check with your instructor or TA to ensure course materials will be posted on Canvas.
- The course is a special course (e.g., Independent Study) that is not included in the bulk course creation process. For these type of courses, instructors must submit a request to the Canvas team to have a course created.