If you’re looking to create different sections for your course based on the number of units students are enrolled in (or for any other reason), you can manually create new sections or use the Groups <-> Sections tool to clone groups into new sections.
Create New Sections Manually and Add Students
- Select Settings from the lefthand course menu.
- Navigate to the Sections tab.
- Type in the name of the new section (e.g. "1 unit students").
- Click +Section.
- Repeat this for any additional section.
Add students to the newly created sections
- Click People from the lefthand course menu.
- Click +People.
- Paste in all the students' SUNet IDs (it must be their official SUNet ID and not an alias) for those enrolled in one of the sections.
- For "Section", select the newly section to which the students should be added.
- Click Next and complete the process.
- Repeat this for the other sections.
Clone Groups as Sections
You can create self-signup groups, have students enroll in the group/section that they'd like (or you can manually assign), and use the Section <-> Group tool to clone the groups into sections.
For more information on this option, please see How to Clone Sections and Groups.