If you’re looking to create separate sections for your course based on a certain criteria (e.g., the number of units students are enrolled in), you can manually create new sections or use the Groups <-> Sections tool to clone groups into new sections.
Manually Create New Sections and Add Students
- Select Settings from the lefthand course navigation menu.
- Navigate to the Sections tab.
- Type in the name of the new section (e.g. "1 unit students").
- Click +Section.
- Repeat this for any additional section.
Add students to the newly created sections
- Click People from the lefthand course menu.
- Click +People.
- Paste in all the students' SUNet IDs (it must be their official SUNet ID and not an alias) for those enrolled in one of the sections.
- For "Section", select the newly section.
- Click Next and Add Users.
Clone Groups as Sections
You can create self-signup groups, have students enroll in the group/section that they'd like (or you can manually assign), and use the Section <-> Group tool to clone the groups into sections.
For more information on this option, please see How to Clone Sections and Groups.