If you’re looking to create different sections for your course based on the number of units students are enrolled in (or for any other reason), you can manually create separate sections or use the Groups <-> Sections tool to clones sections based on groups.
First you'll need to create new sections for the course. To do so, see the steps below.
- Click Settings on the lefthand navigation
- Click the Sections tab
- Type in the name of the first section (e.g. "1 unit students")
- Click +Section
- Repeat this for any additional section
You'll now need to add students to the sections
- Click on People from the lefthand navigation
- Click +People
- Paste in all the students' SUNet IDs (it must be their official SUNet ID and not an alias) for those enrolled in one of the sections
- For "Section", select the section to which the student should be added
- Click Next and complete the process
- Repeat this for the other sections
Alternatively, you can create self-signup groups, have students enroll in the correct group (or you can manually assign), and use the Section <-> Group tool to clone the groups into sections. For more information on this option, please see our step-by-step guide on How to Clone Sections and Groups.