As of Winter 2017, the Attendance tool is disabled by default due to some issues when using the tool. However, instructors, TAs and course admins have the ability to enable the tool. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Go into the desired course site.
- Click Settings from the lefthand course navigation.
- Find "Attendance" and drag the tool to the top of the list.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Keep in mind that there are some known issues with the Attendance tool including those below.
- Using the Roll Call Attendance tool automatically creates an assignment
- Deleting the assignment item results in that assignment item never appearing again and no way of getting it back
- The Attendance tool cannot be used to take attendance in both the lecture and discussion sections together
- The Gradebook will only display the score of the last session roll was taken and disregard that of the other section
- Multiple sections may cause the layout of the tool to overlap and causes some functions to not work properly