The Attendance tool is disabled by default due to some issues when using the tool. However, instructors, TAs and course admins can enable the tool if they use to use it.
- Click Settings from the lefthand course navigation menu.
- Select the Navigation tab.
- Find "Attendance" and drag the tool to the top of the list.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Keep in mind that there are known-issues with the Attendance tool including those below.
- Using the Roll Call Attendance tool automatically creates an assignment.
- Deleting, renaming, or unpublishing the assignment item results in that assignment item never appearing again and no way of getting it back.
- The Attendance tool cannot be used to take attendance in both the lecture and discussion sections together.
- The Gradebook will only display the score of the last session roll was taken and disregard that of the other section.
- A change in assignment point value is not honored until you take attendance again.
- Student grades will reflect the original point value until attendance is taken again.