Users can customize account level notifications or customize notifications at the course level. There are no forced notifications which means instructors cannot force students to receive notifications for a particular action. It is up to the student to decide whether they want communication from a course. This also means it's possible for students to opt out of all notifications.
- Set Canvas notification preferences at the account level
- Manage course level notification preferences
- Add additional contact methods
- Stanford’s default Canvas notification settings
- What actions will generate notifications per category?
- Use this link to get an understanding of what can trigger each notification type. You can ignore the default notifications on the page because Stanford has altered the default notification settings.