Instructors and students can customize account level notifications and course level notification. Account level notifications will apply to all courses unless notifications are customized at the course level.
There is no way to force notifications to go out to all students. By allowing students to customize their notification preferences, students can choose the frequency of notifications based on their learning needs. It is up to the student to decide how often notifications should be received. This also means it's possible for students to opt out of all notifications.
- Set Canvas notification preferences at the account level
- Manage course level notification preferences
- Add additional contact methods
- Stanford’s default Canvas notification settings
- What actions generate notifications?
- Use this link to get an understanding of what can trigger each notification type. You can ignore the default notifications on the page because Stanford has altered the default notification settings.