Bulk downloading files is possible if you have at least two items selected from the Files tool. To bulk download the files and folders within a Canvas site, follow the steps below.
- Go into the desired course site.
- Click on Files in the lefthand course navigation.
- On your keyboard hold down the command/control key and A (to download ALL files and folders) or hold down the command/control key and click the blank space next to the files/folders name(s) you wish to download.
- Note: you cannot click on the names of the files/folders because that will open up a preview of the file or open up the folder. You need to click on the white space next to the title of the file/folder
Unselect Files & Folders
Selected Files & Folders
- A toolbar will appear near the top of the page.
- Click on the third option (cloud with a downward facing arrow) to bulk download the content as a zip file
Once the files finish downloading, you can access the content from your device. You're free to add, edit, and delete the content as necessary.