Below are three options for file sharing among students.
Students can attach files to discussion threads that have the "Attach files to discussions" option enabled.
First, create a new discussion.
Next, check to make sure students have the option to attach files:
- Go to your course Discussion page
- Click on the Settings gear next to +Discussion
- Confirm there is a checkmark for “Attach files to discussions"
- Click Save Settings.
By creating a Group, this also creates a mini-Canvas shell within the main shell. Within the mini-shell, students have the ability to upload files to the Files tool. Follow the steps below to set up groups.
- Click People in the course navigation
- Click +Group Set
- Give the group set a name and you can either select the option to allow students to self-sign up or you can create the group manually
- Click Save
- Click +Group
- Give the Group a name and click Save
- Add the students to the group by clicking on the plus sign or dragging the names of all the students into the group. If you opted for self sign-up, students can enroll themselves
Once students are added to the group, they will have a new group page allowing them to upload files. You can access the group page by clicking on the Settings gear to the right of the group name and select "Visit Group Homepage”.
Within the group, students can upload files to the group's File tab.
Harmonize is a discussion tool that allows students to engage in richer discussion and collaboration. Students can upload multiple files directly within posts and easily record audio and video comments.