Currently, only one attachment can be added to an announcement. However, what you can do is add multiple downloadable files to the body of the announcement. To do so, follow the instructions below:
- Go to the desired course site.
- Click Announcements in the course toolbar.
- Click +Announcement.
- Place the cursor in the text box where you would like the attachment to appear.
- Click the Files tab in the content sidebar.
- Click Upload a New File.
- Click Choose File.
- Find the file from your device and click Upload or Open.
- Unser Folder, select which folder you’d like the file to be placed under (default is course files).
- Under Usage Right, select the applicable option. If you skip this step, the file won't be accessible to students until you se the usage right in the Files tool.
- Click Upload.
- The file should show up in the rich-text editor (see screenshot below). You will not be able to click on the link to view or download until you save the page
- Click Save to post the Announcement.
*Please note that when a file is added this way, the file is automatically added to the Files tab of your course site. If you would like to hide the attachment(s) from students in the Files tab, you can create a folder in Files called “Announcement Attachments” and restrict access to the folder. By doing this, the files can still be downloaded from the announcement but students will not see a copy of the file in the Files link. For instructions, please see How do I restrict files and folders to students in Canvas?